The West Hartford Clean Energy Task Force (WH-CETF) was created by Town Council in September 2005 to implement the town’s commitment to obtain 20% clean energy by the year 2010 and more broadly assist the town on energy-related matters. Our Task Force is comprised of volunteers, town employees, and town council members who work together to make West Hartford a cleaner and greener town and is always looking for new members to help us achieve our goals.
How to Get Involved - Join us! Come to our next meeting to see what this is all about. Email WH-CETF@yahoogroups.com or email@example.com to be added to our group and find out about our next meeting. We generally meet every month at Town Hall.
- Solarize West Hartford
- Encouraging residents to sign up for Home Energy Solutions, an home energy audit and efficiency program .
- Encouraging businesses to participate in the Small Business Energy Advantage Program, conduct audits and implement energy efficiency projects.
- Encouraging residents and businesses to sign up for CTCleanEnergyOptions, a clean energy (or "green power") option on their utility bill. For every new sign-up, the Town earns points towards free solar panels for school or town buildings.
- Helping the Town implement the 2009 Comprehensive Energy Plan.
- Expanding the 2009 Comprehensive Energy Plan to cover the greater West Hartford community - residents, businesses, and other institutions.
Mayor Slifka and students in front of Conard High School solar array.
Task Force promotes Solarize West Hartford in the Park Rd Parade.
Task Force takes a energy efficiency tour at Legrand, a local West Hartford business.
Solar panels at Wolcott Elementary School, installed FREE thanks to West Hartford residents and businesses who signed up for CTCleanEnergyOptions on their utility bills!