West Hartford Home
Assessment Office

Joseph Dakers, Sr., CCMA II          Town Assessor

Address & Phone:
West Hartford Town Hall
50 South Main Street, Room 142
West Hartford, CT 06107
(860) 561-7414
Fax: (860) 561-7590

Office Hours:
Mon. & Wed.: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Tuesday: 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM
Closed Friday and holidays

Business Personal Property

Personal property is defined as all tangible property that is not permanently affixed to real estate.  This property includes but is not limited to unregistered motor vehicles, furniture, fixtures, equipment and supplies.  In the State of Connecticut, all owners of taxable personal property are required to file declarations of such property to the Town Assessor where their property is located.  The declaration of personal property is due to the Town Assessor by November 1st annually. 

According to Connecticut State Statute §12-41(d), if a declaration is not filed on time, a 25% penalty will be added to the full assessment.

If you are a new business personal property owner in West Hartford please fill out the below New Business Personal Property Affidavit Form: 


Business Name:

Business Location Address:

Business Mailing Address:

Date Business Started In West Hartford:

Former Location (if any):

Type of Business: Individual Partnership Corporation  LLC

Business Phone: (XXX) XXX-XXXX 

Business E-mail:

Business Owner(s):

Home Address:

Where Would You Like Correspondence Sent: Business  Home

Square Footage (not applicable for home businesses):


New business personal property owners may also fax the New Business Personal Property Affidavit to (860) 561-7590 Attn:  Amanda, or mail in to the West Hartford Assessors Office at 50 South Main Street, Room 142, Attn: Amanda, West Hartford, CT 06107.

We mail all declarations out to business personal property owners as a courtesy in the fall of each year.  However, it is the property owner's responsibility to make sure a declaration is submitted to the Assessors Office by the November 1st due date.  If you have not received the declaration of personal property, you may print the most up-to date Declaration of Personal Property from our website.  Some businesses may also require the Manufacturing Machinery and Equipment Exemption Claim Form (including itemized listing).