May 23, 2012 :
Sign-up to recieve "paperless" tax bills
West Hartford residents now have the option to receive their Real Estate and Business Personal Property tax bills electronically. The benefits of going paperless include easy access to your account anytime, anywhere and you will never have to call the Tax Office for your information.
Register now to receive future bills electronically. By choosing this option, your tax bill will no longer be delivered by mail. You may cancel this paperless option at anytime.
Here are the steps to take:
To begin receiving your tax bills electronically, simply follow the steps below and reference the account number on your tax bill:
1. Go to www.westhartford.org.
2. Under "Quick Links" on the left hand side, select "Pay your Taxes".
3. This will take you to the Online Payment portal. First, you will select the type of bill to be registered, located under "What would you like to pay?"
4. Locate your account by entering your complete account number and part of the owner's last name. Click on Submit.
5. Scroll down to see bills available under that account and click on the button on the far right. It will say "View only" if your bill is paid or "View/Pay" if you it is unpaid.
6. On the following screen, click on the "Register Now" button.
7. Verify your account number, enter your email address, create a password and enter the secure code shown on the page.
8. Click on the box to the right of "Sign me up to go paperless" so that it shows a check mark.
9. Review the terms and conditions and click on "I agree to the terms and conditions."
8. You will then receive a confirmation email to verify your address; you must click on the link in the email to finalize your enrollment.
9. If you receive more than one bill (i.e. real estate and business personal property tax bills), please repeat the locate bill and registration process for the other accounts.